RN POSITION OPPORTUNITY – The New Madrid County Public Health Department has an opening for a Public Health Nurse. The Health Center offers a competitive total compensation package. For more details on qualifications and position requirements, please visit: newmadridcountyhealthdept.com
New Madrid County Public Health Department seeks candidates for the position of full-time Public Health Nurse to perform activities within the Community Health Promotion Team, including but not limited to:
- Administers age-appropriate health education, immunizations, treatment(s), and medications following established protocols and clinical standards, including nasopharyngeal swab and or other approved tests
- Provides culturally acceptable/culturally competent services to clients following program guidelines, including intake, individualized planning, education, counseling and referrals
- Completes administrative duties accurately, including processing necessary paperwork and utilizing EHR and other software as needed to enter data for visit documentation, scheduling and reporting
- Participates with local health care providers, businesses, schools, organizations, and others in the community to provide services directed at health promotion, protection and disease prevention
- Investigates reportable communicable and infectious diseases and conditions and conducts follow-up on known contacts during outbreaks as needed
- Collaborates with other health agencies, community health organizations and stakeholders for the benefit of the community
- Assists with case-finding during outbreaks through contacts with physicians, school authorities, health and welfare agencies, professional and lay groups and individuals
- Promotes CCPHC clinical services through targeted outreach
- Proactively provides feedback for improvements that improve quality, efficiency, cost savings, productivity, systems, and/or procedures
- Maintains strict confidentiality; adheres to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations
- Reports for special assigned duties during a public health emergency, if applicable
- Other duties as assigned
- Public Health Nurse I: An Associate Degree in Nursing from an accredited college or university and an RN License within the State of Missouri is required
- Public Health Nurse II: A Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing from an accredited college or university and an RN License within the State of Missouri is required
- A track record of excellent communication, customer service, computer, and attention to detail skills are also required, including the ability to interact professionally and with culturally diverse individuals.
- Two years of related experience is preferred
- Bilingual skills are a plus
- A current driver’s license and auto insurance are required
- The ability to obtain professional liability insurance is required
To Apply Online: email Jayne.firstname.lastname@example.org and attach a resume and or cover letter where applicable.
To Apply by Mail: Send completed resume/cover letter where applicable to New Madrid County Public Health Department, Attn: Human Resources, 406 Highway 61, New Madrid, MO 63869.
Applications must be submitted by Friday, April 16 at 3:00 pm.
For information, call 573-748-5541.
Flu shots are given here at the Health Department from 8:00am - 3:30 pm Monday - Thursday by appointments for New Madrid County Residents.
Please bring your insurance card with you!
Do you need a pap smear, breast exam, or birth control?
The New Madrid County Health Department offers a confidential monthly women's clinic for those who are in need of these services.
Free mammograms for those who qualify through the Show Me Healthy Women Program.
For more information, call us at 573-748-5541.